Victoria Moran, has been a Main Street Vegan® for 35 years and she held the title of Peta’s Sexiest Vegan Over 50. She is the bestselling author of thirteen books, including Creating a Charmed Life (in 30 languages around the world); the gentle weight loss classic, The Love-Powered Diet, reflecting the author’s own struggle with and recovery from compulsive eating; The Good Karma Diet, celebrating a high-green, high-raw, high-energy food style; the iconic Main Street Vegan; and her latest, The Main Street Vegan Academy Cookbook, coauthored with JL Fields. Victoria’s college thesis became Compassion the Ultimate Ethic: An Exploration of Veganism, originally published in 1985 and the first work on vegan philosophy and practice to come from a major publisher.
Victoria is an inspirational speaker, corporate spokesperson, certified holistic health counselor (HHC, AADP), and founder and director of Main Street Vegan Academy which trains and certifies vegan lifestyle coaches. A graduate of the T. Colin Campbell Foundation/eCornell program in plant-based nutrition, she hosts the Main Street Vegan radio show/podcast, which got the Outstanding Vegan Media Outlet award in 2015 and Feedspot, in 2019, placed it as #3 in the Top 25 Vegan Podcasts.
She is the lead producer of Thomas Wade Jackson’s new documentary, A Prayer for Compassion, to introduce vegan living to people of faith.
Cited by VegNews among the Top 10 Contemporary Vegetarian Authors, Victoria appeared twice on The Oprah Winfrey Show and she’s one of the celebrity coaches for PCRM’s 21-Day Vegan Kickstart. Her articles have appeared in Yoga Journal, Mothering, Natural Health, Woman’s Day, Martha Stewart’s Whole Living, VegNews, and Vegetarian Times. Her work has been noted in USA Today, the Chicago Tribune, the Washington Post, Self, Elle, Glamour, Allure, and O, the Oprah Magazine.
Moran lives with her husband, writer and musician, William Melton, in a LEED-certified green condominium in New York City’s thriving Harlem neighborhood. They’re co-humans to a rescue-dog, Forbes, and rescue pigeon, Thunder.
Victoria’s mission: “Devote my life to healing people and animals and the the planet through food choices.”
Victoria’s one-line message to the world: “Eat kindly. Live wisely. Make a difference.”
The SUE Spekas Blog Post about Victoria
(Here’s where you can leave comments)
- SUE’s cookbook
- Suzanne’s house
- Main Street Vegan Academy
- Main Street Vegan Podcast
- What on Earth?, Suzanne’s crop circle documentary film
- What on Earth? review and video
- Prayer for Compassion documentary film
- Peta: People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
- Veganism as a spiritual Lifestyle
- Mistreatment of animals in the meat and poultry industries
- Victoria’s enlightened nanny
- Victoria becoming vegetarian and then vegan
- Yoga, Youth, & Reincarnation by Jess Stearn
- Yoga for Americans by Indra Devi
- Eating disorder, weight issues and yoga
- Vegan lifestyle, beyond eating
- Why people go vegan
- Dean Ornish studies
- B12 – the only supplement needed
- Vegan meat-like products
- Life as a spiritual adventure
- Animal agriculture causing global warming
- The only liberation movement in the history of the world in which the oppressed group cannot participate
Teaser for Episode 4
International Rights Secured for Leonard Cohen’s “Suzanne”. Not for broadcast transmission. All rights reserved. DO NOT DUPLICATE. “WARNING: It is a violation of Federal Copyright Law to synchronize any music from this file with video tape or film, to copy any music from this file onto phonorecords or onto any other digital or physical media, or to print material from this file in the form of standard music notation and/or words without the express written permission of the copyright owner(s) SONY ATV MUSIC PUBLISHING LLC